Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting in Shape

I've gained 5 pounds since the wedding. Had this occurred say, 6 years ago, my reaction would have been that of "OH MY GOD I'M SO FAT AND I NEED TO STOP EATING NOW!". However, my older and wiser self is actually quite pleased that it was only 5 pounds. I can't even believe that I used the word "only" in that sentence given my lifelong battle with my weight.

I'm being practical though. I was working out before the wedding and not overindulging. Since the wedding, I have learned just how much Ped likes to have snacks in the house and I have suffered from some severe couch potato syndrome since I still haven't found the right fit for part-time employment. So 5 pounds? That's sweet.

However, it's time to get back on the wagon. I am feeling myself slowly slipping into a funk and I will not let that happen. I realized as I was getting dressed this morning that my dimensions have the potential to give me a very hot body. Curvy hips, big butt, small waist, petite upper frame - it's all there for me to work on.

I know what you're thinking - Bethany is going to start training for another run or join Crossfit like everyone else in the world is doing or we're going to have to hear her complain for the next few weeks about how much she hates working out. But don't worry my friends!

While I truly believe everyone should live up to their potential, I have no plans to live up to mine. At least in the tight body category. I am enjoying spending free time with my husband cuddling on the couch and trying out new recipes that may or may not include butter. We don't want to slip into too bad of a habit though so we're going to start doing our videos together - JNL Fusion. I did it before and the workouts are between 20 and 45 minutes each day. We're hopeless if we can't fit that in a couple times a week.

My plan is to feel like I am strong and healthy. I'm pretty sure the world couldn't handle it if I became a work out freak and got really hot.

(If you know me, I hope you can interpret the underlying sarcasm in that last statement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment